Monday

Day 3: Touches of Color for Abbie'sRoom

My daughter, Abbie, wanted a slightly more grown up look for her room. After much debating, I decided to go for a clean and bright look, so I  painted the walls just a real soft creamy white but it needed to have some punches of color because she is still just 7, so it needed to be fun as well.  I decided to paint the one wall behind her bed a brighter coral color and add the same cream color in big circles with her name painted chocolate brown inside them. 


It's fun to add color with paintings and wall hangings - they add personality to the room. Over time, a bird theme kind of evolved from all of this and violla - these twin bird paintings came to mind. So I used the room's colors as my pallette, painted them, and hung them on either side of her mirror. They add so much color against the cream walls.





Here are some other things that I have painted over the years for her that still work in her room as we transitioned into a more grown up room.



 It was also fun picking out all of the fabric in her room.  I tried to pull out more of the blue instead of  pink since the accent wall is a little punchy. I think the fabrics blended well together with the room- I can't say that so much for Hudson.

                                  
 his color scheme may not match well but he's just happy to be on the bed! 

No comments:

Website

I finally got my website up and running, really don't know why it took me so long! You can check it out here  Thanks for checking ...