Sunday

Day 16: Do the color of your plates really matter?

Bon Appetit
 
You wouldn't think that it would really matter what color your plate is and how it matches with your food, but it actually does.  Now is it really that big of a deal? I guess some people think it is - mostly chefs who pride themselves in the presentation of their food. The pasta on the white plate above does look much more appetizing then the photo below, which would you pick - right?
Here is what I found out:
If you are serving:
green food: yellow plates are good, red are not
beige food: black or brown are good, beige is not
red food: white plates are good, green is not
yellow or orange food: blue is good, purple is not
It seems like white would just be the safest choice for all food colors, but I guess for people trying to go that extra step, it really does matter.
(and for some reason blue plates are never good for dessert, just an fyi)

photo via Life Rearranged

No comments:

Website

I finally got my website up and running, really don't know why it took me so long! You can check it out here  Thanks for checking ...