Sunday

Day 30: Colorful Creative Advent Calendars

Every year my kids love opening up their advent calendars. It gives them something to look forward to and helps them keep track of the countdown until Christmas day (they can visibly see how many days are left so I don't have to remind them constantly!). One thing we came across a couple of years ago, which we do in addition to an advent calendar, is a virtual one. It is by Jacquei Lawson and it is so cute! You download this virtual calendar that comes to life -  it is the cutest little village and my kids love it.
 Here are some really creative and colorful ideas for advent calendars. A lot can be done with a little bit of time and a few supplies. With some treats, wrapping paper, scrap book paper, and a few other things, these can be a fun project you and your kids could do. I found most all of them at BHG, which gives loads of ideas and ways to make them. Here are a few of the great ideas I saw.

 The little boxes below are so cute and create a very colorful tree.


BHG
  
How simple is this with the envelopes strung on a cork board.

BHG

This advent calendar  is for  the craftier ones, it is a bit more of a challenge, but I love all the different scrap book paper used and the free form stand.
 
BHG

If you can sew, which I am not too good at at all, these little hats turned upside down and strung along the window are so cute.

BHG

These are so fun, circle boxes with magnets on the back.

BHG

These are so pretty all wrapped up, like a little present to open everyday.
BHG

Little cloth bags are numbered and hung on a line.

BHG

Here they used pretty colorful paper bags all in a row.

BHG
 Whatever you do your kids will love it and have so much fun everyday with their new surprises to open.

No comments:

Website

I finally got my website up and running, really don't know why it took me so long! You can check it out here  Thanks for checking ...