Sunday

Day 2 starting with a blank canvas

Over the next few weeks I hope you will enjoy reading my posts on the many different facets of color.  I love color and seeing how it effects so much of how we see and feel.  Having a background in Fine Arts I spent a lot of time with color, mixing it, blending it, seeing what colors work better together and I have developed a passion for color. I would love to hear comments along the way and have you become a follower. Enjoy and hopefully you will get inspired as well.



my new colorful pillows on my white slip covered sofa
Colors evoke certain feelings, whether they are cool shades of greens and blues or exciting and vibrant reds and oranges.  Selecting the right colors in design can create a desired atmosphere. Sometimes to get that certain punch of colors it's a nice option to start with a white or neutral background, almost serving as a blank canvas. Then being able to transform your space with accents, pillows, artwork and fabrics, to fill in your neutral spaces by using splashes of color. Here are some examples of how white and neutral spaces are transformed by the accents and punches of color scattered through the rooms. 

Even though the room in the picture below has a very romantic feeling, the shock of the pink frames adds a surprise to a very soft, mostly neutral space.

BHG

House Beautiful
The red accents in this kitchen above make the whole room. If they had been tan or even a wood tone it wouldn't have nearly the effect as the bright red chairs and mirror.  Now the room is exciting and with alot of appeal.


BHG
In this room the accents almost pop out like colored candy!  I love the vibrant colors and how they wake up this white space but in a very colorful sophisticated way. I especially love the chandelier.

BHG
Ok, this lamp speaks for itself and I want it! The blue and and white contrast is so fun and whimsical.

House Beautiful
The use of yellow glass tile in this bathroom brings on the drama into the surrounding white walls and sink.  It's nice to think outside the box sometimes and add that unexpected surprise of color.


House Beautiful
Just like my picture at the top, the use of brightly colored pillows against white sofas give such contrast  that the pillows become the centerpiece of the room. I love the look of white sofas. I know a lot of people are scared off by them but they make such a statement when paired with colors that seem to transform them like a painting.

The use of color is endless and I could go on with these pictures because they are so fun and inspiring, but I'll hold back because I have another 29 days to go!

No comments:

Website

I finally got my website up and running, really don't know why it took me so long! You can check it out here  Thanks for checking ...