Friday

Day 21: Seeing Color through a Child's Eye

Corduroy drawn by Abbie at age 5
I decided it would be fun to ask my kids what color meant to them and how different colors made them feel, this is what they had to say;

Abbie, age 7, had these things to say about color:
"Color makes me happy. My favorite colors are blue, pink and purple"
This is what she had to say when I asked her what different colors meant to her and how they made her feel:
red is cheerful
yellow is sunny
orange is happy
green is calm
blue is peaceful and resting
violet is pretty and calm

Finn, age 5, had these things to say:
"Color makes me happy. Orange is my favorite color."
This is what he said when I asked him about the different colors:
blue is sad because it is the same color of tears
orange looks like fire
yellow is hot because it looks like the sun
red reminds me of ketchup so it makes me hungry
green reminds me of the grass and trees and makes me happy
Black is messy and reminds me of ink and ink is messy

It is amazing even at a young age, to ask kids about color and how they associate what the color looks like to how it makes them feel, ask your kids today you might get some surprising and somewhat funny answers.

No comments:

Website

I finally got my website up and running, really don't know why it took me so long! You can check it out here  Thanks for checking ...