Monday

Day 10: Fall's natural colors


The other day I was out and about and I was surrounded by the beauty of autumn's natural palette,  mums and fall flowers were everywhere. Mums are such a simple ordinary flower but this time of year look so rich and colorful, deep tones of purples and reds, bright yellows and oranges.  I love the contrast of this old blue cabinet I saw with the yellow and orange mums in the picture above.
 I've noticed even when driving around, or walking through my neighborhood lately that a burst of color pops out by front doors everywhere, they add so much color with really no effort at all. It reminds me that I haven't adorned my own front door yet, note to self. When you're out and about look at how much of a difference it makes and how pretty fall flowers look. In the picture below you can see how much the mums transform the entrance to this house.


BHG
Here are some other pictures of fall-inspired front doors and how much they are brightened up by all the flowers and fall decorations

BHG

Martha Stewart
BHG
BHG
BHG
I am going to make a point today to go get my mums!  My impatiens still look so nice that I have by my front door that I've been a little lazy making it look fall like!

2 comments:

Maureen@Loving this Life said...

The terrain pic looks beautiful! The colors are so vivid. My front could use some major curb appeal...haven't had much time. But, looking at your pics for inspiration hoping soon I can get out my front door and pretty it up. :)

Rebecca Lukens Designs said...

I stuck to my word and got my mums, I also added a few pumpkins too. Sometimes it the little things in life that make you happy!

Website

I finally got my website up and running, really don't know why it took me so long! You can check it out here  Thanks for checking ...