Monday

Day 17: beyond painted walls

There are many ways to add color on your walls besides just paint alone, going that step beyond doesn't have to be that hard, here are some examples.

Over the years wallpaper has come and gone. Now, I will be the first to admit that most of the time I am not a fan, especially when you buy a house and the whole house is covered with outdated terrible wallpaper from times past! And it is the worst job ever to remove!! But done right and with so many options to choose from, wallpaper can add a beautiful design element to a room. I love this modern day trellis pattern, it makes a nice soft backdrop to this bedroom.

Traditional Home
Toile is a timeless pattern, it can be muted and subdued or make much more of a statement as seen below

Country Living
To add another dimension, grasscloth gives you texture and such a rich look. I love grasscloth and all of it's nubby texture and natural flaws

Traditional Home
Traditional Home

Chalkboard paint is a really fun way to add color on the wall - it is popping up in so many places lately.  We painted it in our kitchen next to our fridge on two cabinet doors and it is fun and useful at the same time. When I run out of something I quickly write it down on them. The kids also love to color and they think it's really cool to be able to write on the cabinets.  In the picture below they used it as the backsplash.

Country Living
There are many other ways to add a unique look to your walls, from faux painting to murals. Here is part of a mural that I painted for a client last year for her dining room. It was on all four walls and went with the look of her older home and antiques.

Remember to have fun and be creative when adding color on your walls, there is so much to choose from!

No comments:

Website

I finally got my website up and running, really don't know why it took me so long! You can check it out here  Thanks for checking ...