Tuesday

sit down and relax!!!

Traditional Home
                                              
The one thing I miss most about my previous home is my front porch, they add so much to the living space of your home.  We lived in a 1920's "Sears" craftsman style house. I miss it so much! We had one of those nice big inviting porches that you could sit out on and watch the world go by, hide from the summer rains or enjoy your morning coffee.  I've told my husband that if we move again one of my requirements is to have a house with a front porch. If you are fortunate enough to have a one then you know what I am talking about. With a little bit of effort and not too much investment you can create your own perfect haven. By adding some furniture, colorful pillows, a couple small tables, lots of candles and a few personal toucbes here and there you have what I call perfection.

Another feature I love about front porches are blue ceilings. Most paint them blue to mimic the sky, while others claim they can ward off evil spirits, which some call a haint blue ceiling. Some also believe the blue scares off bugs.  But whatever your reason, it is just fun to add another element of color whether blue or even yellow as seen in one of the pictues below.  Here are some front porches that I have great envy for and may inspire you to create your own piece of heaven!



The sofa is great, Better Homes and Garden

so inviting, Traditional Home

this is just beautiful, Traditional Home
very colorful, Traditional Home

love the yellow ceiling, Traditional Home
Porch swings are always a great feature, Cottage Living
                                              
the plants add alot, Cottage Living
simple but sweet, Country Living

"haint"blue ceiling,via front-porch-ideas-and-more.com 
I'll have to dig up some of my old pictures of our porch and post them, although it may make me a bit sad!

No comments:

Website

I finally got my website up and running, really don't know why it took me so long! You can check it out here  Thanks for checking ...