Thursday

bold and bright chevron


Most anywhere you look these days you will see chevron patterns used in various ways - floors, fabrics, pillows, paintings, clothes, handbags.  I am in love with the pattern and the boldness of  the "zig zag" - it is so playful.  The inverted "v" shape, was first discovered on pottery and rock carvings dating as early as 1800 BC from Crete and modern-day Greece. In the late 1800s it was seen used on handbags. Today it has grown into a bold and vibrant pattern that makes a definite statement in design and decorating.  The pattern is so fun and playful, but at the same time can be used in traditional settings as well.  Here are some of my favorite inspirations using chevron patterns.


love this painted chevron floor Alicia B. Designs

love the navy and white with the orange boxes


the pillow totally makes the room


love the artwork, one day I hope to paint my own to hang in my living room

love the mix of fabrics Traditional Home

now that's bold!

The yellow chevron pillow looks great against the white


so sweet

rug West Elm
I could keep adding images because they are so rich and playful but that at least gives an idea of how versatile and somewhat addicting the pattern is.



No comments:

Website

I finally got my website up and running, really don't know why it took me so long! You can check it out here  Thanks for checking ...