Monday

Snowmen Cupcakes


My daughter turned 8 today! I can't believe it, seems like it was just yesterday she was just born, sounds so cliche, but so true.  With that being said, for those of you who have kids born right around this time of year, you can probably attest to the fact that it is a little challenging celebrating a birthday so close to Christmas. It's hard to separate them out sometimes and try to make it extra special with so much going on. So I thought I would go a little beyond the regular iced cupcake and do something a little more creative for her to take into school to celebrate her birthday.

Someone had shared this snowman cupcake idea with me last week and I thought it would be so fun to make them.(although be prepared - they are a little time-consuming, and getting them to school was a feat in and of itself!) The kids loved them! I used the frosting as paste between the two marshmallows, and secured them with toothpicks that I stuck into the marshmallows and left some sticking down to put into the top of the cupcake. The hat is a Rolo, and the nose is a gummy orange slice cut smaller to look like a nose. The scarf is a licorice twist, the arms are pretzel sticks and then I used some black icing that comes in the smaller tubes, for the buttons and eyes. they look so cute. Abbie was very happy and I figure its a nice way to go a little above and beyond to make her day special because she is so special to me!

No comments:

Website

I finally got my website up and running, really don't know why it took me so long! You can check it out here  Thanks for checking ...