Saturday

art work

Original art work does not need to cost a fortune.  Last night I went to a local art show and bought a new painting.  Sadly the artist, John Wenrich, just passed away last week, he was 94. We had bought one of his paintings a couple of years ago and when I saw this new one I just thought it was meant to be.  Honestly - out of all the paintings there within a certain price range, it was my favorite, and now sentimental. 

It pays to find out where there are juried local art shows in your area. Most of the artists are very talented and you can afford to buy nice art without having to take out a small loan. You would also be surprised at what you can find at smaller unique shops in your area.


I have a few pieces that we have acquired over the years.  I love watching for the artists' new pieces and seeing how their styles have evolved over time. Usually at shows there is a wide variety of sizes and prices.  I love the small miniature paintings that you can buy for not that much. Getting a couple and grouping them together is a great idea.

Beyond original art, there are many other great things you can do to decorate your walls, again without spending tons.  I have bought botanical prints and antique maps. If you have them framed and sometimes even group them together, they can enhance any space. But that will be another whole topic.

Here are the two paintings that I had bought.  The one of the roosters we got a couple years ago. The landscape is our new one and it is now hanging in my dining room and has brightened up the whole space. For those of you who are local you can check out the art show until May 15th, for more information you can go to Historic
Yellow Springs  If not, try to find out where you can go in your area. You never know what you might find. It's inspired me to get my own paintbrushes out!

1 comment:

jrg.cpg said...

Well, I just love your new picture and the way the light shines in. It looks great in your dining room.

Website

I finally got my website up and running, really don't know why it took me so long! You can check it out here  Thanks for checking ...