Saturday

Getting Started

I am the world's worst at organization. Open any of my closets and you would see my dirty little secret. I mean, things don't fall on you when you open the door, but they aren't the best.  My organiztion skills (or lack thereof) don't end there... when my kids get older the only thing that they might know about themselves are what state they were born in, how much they weighed, and their birthday.  Don't even ask me about my wedding album. Still, after 10 years of blissful marriage, 900 pictures are still all stacked up in a pile.

I am a mom, but despise the term "stay at home mom" because...come on, who really just "stays" at home, with a million things to do everyday.   So while raising my two kids, Abbie (7) and Finn (4 1/2), trying to find the time for my work sometimes seems impossible.  I'm wondering what in the world I'm even thinking starting a blog?  I can't even open up my fly lady emails to help me get on track.  But the way I look at it - it's creative clutter, who said creative people need to be perfect?  That's what makes us different(or provides a really good excuse).  I don't even eat my corn on the cob in a straight row!  Somehow I manage to get by.

But all that aside, I LOVE color, somehow it gets me excited, happy...how color can blend together.  Yes - Sometimes it turns on you and you'll paint a room a beautiful shade of green and then discover at night it looks like vomit- yes we've all done it.

I also love design and fabrics, I love mixing fabrics together, their textures, their patterns the way different colors work together and finding the unexpected. 

I am hoping to inspire myself, it will be a disciplinary measure to find the time - a way to get excited to blog about design, color, painting, design trends, fresh ideas, fun places to go to find the unexpected, to capture what maybe I've lost a litttle as life, kids, laundry, dishes, a very active puppy etc. etc.  have taken away.
 I wouldn't change a thing but it is all a process of learning and doing- who says we can't do it all.  Well, I'm going to try at least in my own creative way. 

No comments:

Website

I finally got my website up and running, really don't know why it took me so long! You can check it out here  Thanks for checking ...