Tuesday

fresh start to a new year

It doesn't take long until we are saying, out with the old and in with the new, that is, old Christmas tree that is loosing all of its needles and the greens that have been sitting around collecting dust for the last few weeks. As quickly and the Holidays seem to come- they are gone, but there is something strange when all the decorations are stripped out the house, it takes awhile to get used to the naked spaces left behind. Spots that were adorned with Santa's and greens on the mantle are now looking a little lonely. But at the same time there is something refreshing about putting all the holiday decorations away until next year. Bringing in the new year with a clean slate, starting fresh, putting all of the craziness of the Holidays behind us and thinking about maybe starting a project...
I have a few projects that I can't wait to get started on, but which one to do first. I started chipping away at the out dated tile in our kitchen the other day, but didn't make it very far. Then there is our powder room, we need to get a 300 lb. original cast iron tub out of there. We would like to put our washer and dryer in the space. There is also a shower in the bathroom as well that we would like to get rid of and build a nice pantry.  We have a much larger project that is much more involved. We have plans up on our third floor to turn the space into our master bathroom and bedroom, it is a great space with about 900 square feet and some exposed brick walls. The master bedroom project is a longer term project that will be great to get started, but I think is last on the list.
Stayed tuned for a new year with new projects of my own, our house and my new Etsy shop,  and some new projects I am working on with clients. Right now I have been working with a client on her new home and helping design her kitchen. I will start sharing photos and stay tuned for my powder room project- as soon as that tub is gone!! Happy New Year and happy new projects.

No comments:

Website

I finally got my website up and running, really don't know why it took me so long! You can check it out here  Thanks for checking ...