Wednesday

Finns room

I wish that I had thought about how many walls were in my sons room before I told him I would paint stripes, not just 4 but 8 walls. I will make sure I think about that before I do it the next time. But Finn had been wanting his room painted for a few months now so I thought I would have him pick out a color (with a little guidance of course) but I should give him a lot of credit, he picked out a great shade of blue that matched perfectly with the colors in his quilt, Whipple Blue from Benjamin Moore. I picked out Hale Navy, also Benjamin Moore, to go with it. 

Thank goodness for my laser level, as if it is not time consuming enough to get your lines straight but with an old house it always creates a bit more of a problem when all your walls are slightly different heights then the other. Overall I don't think anyone but me can tell that one stripe is a 1/2" or so lower on one side then the other.

 I love how it came out, his walls went from a very pale yellow to fun blue stripes. Usually darker colors can tend to make room look smaller but his room almost looks bigger as you follow the stripes going around. I still need to hang a few more things up and ignore the mess with all his stuff in the one cabinet. The wall hanging you see there was something I did for him a couple of years ago, it is an old kitchen cabinet door that I turned into a place for him to hang things. I got three ball finials from the hardware store and painted them like a traffic light. We also have a stop sign that we found in our garage a few years back, that will go over his bed. In the dormer area I am going to use the one side of the wall and paint a chalk board square for him. One of these days I'd like to paint his bed and chop down the posters and put some ball finials on, but that might not happen for quite awhile.
 He loves his new walls, it really changed the whole room and is a perfect transformation for a boys room. 









1 comment:

SewSweetVIntage said...

The stripes look awesome!!!!!I've always wanted to do these! Pinning:)

Website

I finally got my website up and running, really don't know why it took me so long! You can check it out here  Thanks for checking ...