Tuesday

going off track a bit.....with reality

Epicurious
Birthdays are supposed to be filled with breakfast in bed, your favorite news show, flowers, gifts and your kids and husband running in with love and kisses, then bonn bonns and lunch etc. etc., well it's a nice thought. I did have coffee and cards, kisses and I have an amazing husband who took one for the team (because it was technically my b-day at 12:30 am) and went on an unexpected trip to the E.R. last night with our little one. I will back track for the full scope of our sleep deprived family. Two nights ago, Finn, our 5 year old, woke up in the middle of the night with a migraine and after hours ending up getting sick all over the bathroom floor. He made it through school yesterday, but I thought I heard that ever familiar sound in his voice. I was right, last night he got up at 11:30 and couldn't breathe very well, then a full on croup attack. After going through all the procedures, steam shower, cold air, we knew that he had to go to the E.R. My loving husband took him(we didn't want to ruin a night of sleep for our daughter too) they didn't return until almost 5 this morning. For those of you who are familiar with croup, you know how scary it can be. We found this out for the first time when Finn was 9 months old, not knowing what it was at the time, we thought he was going to die, we've learned a lot since then. 
 Today isn't the day that I had expected, but at least I get to spend the day with my soon to be 6 year old. Thank goodness it happened last night and not tonight, because tomorrow is his birthday and I know that he would be very sad and extremely tired his big day. So, instead I am home and he is having a very restful day on the couch. Which has left me to my kitchen and my cabinets!! So I have been painting away, not what I thought I would be doing today, but at least I am making progress and most importantly Finn is feeling much better! Happy birthday to my little man!


No comments:

Website

I finally got my website up and running, really don't know why it took me so long! You can check it out here  Thanks for checking ...