Friday

local B & B tour


Picture credit to Faunbrook
The other day I took a tour of a local B&B called Faunbrook in West Chester, PA.  It was quite a treat. The B&B was built in 1865 and owned by the Darlington family, who were a very well known family in West Chester. Faunbrook is a beautiful large estate with many great facilities. There are 7 guest rooms, 5 of which are named after the Darlington's 5 girls.


The present owners, Lori and Steve, have been running Faunbrook for the past 4 years. They have many events on site, including weddings, corporate events, birthday parties and what I thought was a really fun idea, a murder mystery night. They are open to a variety of events and have such a great setting to be able to enjoy, between the huge dining room, living room, small sitting room (my favorite) and a beautiful wrap around porch that can be enclosed if needed. Every one of the guests rooms was very unique and different, most with fireplaces and all seem so cozy, but this was my favorite of all  the 7 rooms, it is one of the suites. I would love to get  away and sink into that great big tub!




Faunbrook is decorated with a Victorian flare - this room was so bright and inviting.



 Upon entering, the whole B&B was filled with the most delicious smell of bread, which I was so happy to have been offered a piece of. Lori does all the cooking with occasional help of her husband. I had a piece of pumpkin spice bread just baked that morning and a cup of coffee that were delicious. I asked if she had any other specialties that she makes at breakfast and among them were, blueberry pancakes, and an asparagus egg bake. For larger events she does use a list of wonderful caterers from the area, but I would just like to pop in for breakfast! Below is the beautiful and very large dining room.


This was my favorite room, I would love to curl up with a good book and a glass of wine or hot tea.



What a great place to have in my local area. If you happen to be near West Chester, PA it is definitely a place worth looking into for your sta. Nothing beats a cozy room and a homemade breakfast. Check out their site for their specials, Valentines Day is just around the corner. And also West Chester is a great place to visit with many amazing restaurants and shops.  For more information on my local town visit here at,  WCbid

Faunbrook is also the preferred B & B for the Chester County Antiques Show, which is a terrific antique show held in March, for more information check out their website for information on the show here, and if you are visiting for the show, consider staying at Faunbrook. 
It's great to get out there and find local attractions in your area and find out about new places to stay if you plan on traveling.



No comments:

Website

I finally got my website up and running, really don't know why it took me so long! You can check it out here  Thanks for checking ...